HubSpot Certification Exam Answers
1) April has started an internship at your company and you have been asked to manage her. After expanding the SMART goal setting framework, April comes back with the following goal: “Increase social media visits by 80% by December 31 of this year.” Based on SMART goal setting, how would you respond to April’s goal?
- A) “So close – you need to include current visits numbers so it’s clear the goal is attainable.”
- B) “Good – now create a list of next steps for how you are going to increase traffic by 80%.”
- C) “Good try – but SMART goals should only be used for Visits, Leads, and Customers.”
- D) “Nice job – now come back to me with a strategy for how you are going to his this goal.”
2) True or False: You are setting your quarterly SMART goal for leads, but you don’t have any historical data on the number of leads generated per month. You should use industry benchmark data to help set your leads SMART goal.
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
3) The HubSpot Smart Goal tool provides which types of benchmark data?
- A) Your last month’s historical metrics as well as the top 35% and median conversion rates for your company size
- B) Your last month’s historical metrics as well as the top 35% and median conversion rates for your competitors
- C) Your last month’s historical metrics as well as the top 35% and median conversion rates of HubSpot customers
- D) Your last month’s historical metrics as well as the top 35% and median conversion rates for your industry
4) Fill the Blank: The acronym “SMART” in SMART goal setting stands for ____
- A) Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely
- B) Specific, Material, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely
- C) Specific, Material, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely
- D) Specific, Measurable, Acheivable, Relevant, and Tempo
5) You have just been promoted to lead all of your organization’s inbound efforts. Your first area of business is to set your team’s SMART goals for the year. Which of the following is critical to ensuring your goals are “attainable”?
- A) Analyze your current and historical metrics and benchmark data
- B) Have assets already built out to help with this goal
- C) Be very specific as to who is responsible for each goal
- D) Review the median traffic and conversion ratres of your competitors
6) You and your co-worker Leslie are adding a buyer persona into the Persona tool. As you walk through the creation process, you come across the step for creating a form field option. Leslie asks you, “What’s this step for?” How would you respond?
- A) “By creating a form field option, a contact can self-identify as a persona when they fill out a form.”
- B) “A form field is how we’ll segment our buyer personas, but we should come back to this since it is not required and you need to have contacts first.”
- C) “Creating a form field option is for our own internal use. We should be describing the buyer persona in a few words.”
7) Your boss Ron has asked you to add in your buyer personas into the Persona tool. After you’ve added them in, you realize that a number of smart lists have been created. There are a few lists that you don’t think you will use. Are you able to delete these lists?
- A) Yes – these lists are created to highlight various lifecycle stages in each persona, so you can customize these lists to match the lifecycle stages you will be tracking
- B) No – the lists are not editable and cannot be deleted
8) After conducting your buyer persona research, you’ve put together the first draft of the complete persona, Adventurous Amy. You show the story to your co-worker April. She reads through it and says, “Why do we care that she reads review sites like Yelp when she’s going out to dinner? Is Yelp now part of our inbound strategy?” Which of the following is the BEST reason for including this detail in Adventurous Amy’s buyer persona story?
- A) “The fact that she relies on Yelp doesn’t matter as much as what it implies – that Amy will feel more comfortable making a decision or a purchase if she has reviews she can read. Part of our inbound strategy could be creating testimonial content.”
- B) “Good point. Since we are not planning on having Yelp as part of our inbound strategy, we should remove this from the story.”
- C) “The fact that she reads reviews tells us that she’s very picky, so she may not be the ideal customer that we are looking for. If that’s the case, we should focus on a different buyer persona.”
- D) “It’s important for us to make sure that if we ever have a Yelp account that we receive good reviews. We should redirect customers there after they do business with us.”
9) The Personas tool is integrated with with of the following other HubSpot tools?
- A) Blog
- B) Contacts
- C) Lists
- D) A & B
- E) B & C
- F) All of the above
10) All of the following are chapters that make up a complete buyer persona story EXCEPT:
- A) Excerpts from job interviews
- B) Job and demographic information
- C) What a day in their life look like
- D) Common objections to products and services
11) True or False: Buyer personas are representations of your ideal customer. They are essentially your target markets. They typically depend on specific tools and technology that the persona is using and are based on your specific real-life customers
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
12) Which of the following should you consider when analyzing your content offers?
- A) Leads generated
- B) Social proof
- C) Content performance by format
- D) All of the above
13) What are custom tasks in the Calendar tool?
- A) A library of typical tasks to help with content creation
- B) Tasks that allow you to assign content creation to a co-worker
- C) Tasks that are customizable “to-do” assignments that can be associated with a contact
- D) Tasks that note which marketing actions you made on a particular date
14) Which of the following descriptions best fits the Consideration stage of the Buyer’s Journey?
- A) Prospect has decided on their solution strategy, method, or approach
- B) Prospect has clearly defined and given a name to their problem or opportunity
- C) Prospect is experiencing and expression symptoms of a problem or opportunity
15) Fifth Season wants to create a new content offer. Which of the following is the BEST example of an Awareness stage offer that targets their buyer persona Adventurous Amy?
- A) An infographic comparing Fifth Season’s pricing and packages to other adventure travel companies
- B) A brochure showing different adventure travel activities
- C) An ebook that covers how adventure travel can help with family bonding
- D) None of the above
16) True or False: You can access content directly from within the Calendar tool in HubSpot
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
17) Fill in the Blank: Content offers that include specific information on your product and/or service are BEST suited for the ____ of the Buyer’s Journey
- A) Awareness Stage
- B) Consideration Stage
- C) Decision Stage
- D) A & B
- E) B & C
18) Why is it a good idea to include a meta description for each page that you create?
- A) It is one of the primary factors of the calculation of search engine rank
- B) It acts as the summary on your listing page
- C) It acts as the text in social media posts
- D) It can help to improve the click-through rate to the page
19) When editing a live URL, all of the following are reasons to set up a 301 redirect EXCEPT:
- A) Preserving all of your SEO credit for the old page
- B) Making sure that you’re not breaking any links pointing to the old page
- C) Making sure that people going to the old page get sent to the new page
- D) Making sure that the appropriate error message is displayed
20) Why are inbound links important to search engines?
- A) They view the keywords hyperlinked in the text as the most important keywords on the page
- B) They look at inbound links to see if the page is fully optimized
- C) They look at inbound links to measure the authority of the page that the link points to
- D) They count the number of inbound links on the page – the more links, the higher they rank the site
21) Fill in the Blank: To gain more qualified traffic, most businesses should focus on ____.
- A) creating content around long-tail keyword phrases with a high difficulty score
- B) creating content around long-tail keyword phrases that their buyer personas would use
- C) creating content around any keyword phrases with a high monthly search volume
- D) creating content around any keyword phrases with highly-searched, short keyword phrases
22) You’re launching a new campaign and have selected several keywords with low HubSpot Difficulty scores on which to focus your content creation. After looking at the metrics in your Keywords tool, your boss, Ron, tells you that those keywords don’t have high enough Monthly Searches to make a difference for your business. Which of the following is/are the BEST response(s) to Ron’s concerns?
- A) “While their monthly searches aren’t as high, the low difficulty scores mean that these keywords will be easier for us to rank for.”
- B) “You’re right. Search volume is the most important consideration when selecting keywords, so let’s pick another keyword to create content around.”
- C) “Even though those keywords have lower search volumes, the traffic they can attract will likely be higher quality and thus more likely to convert.”
- D) A & C
- E) B & C
- F) All of the above
23) Your boss Ron looks over your list of possible keywords to add into the Keywords tool, and tells you to double the size of the list. All of the following are ways to expand that keyword list EXCEPT:
- A) Duplicate your list and add quotation marks or brackets around keywords
- B) Use an outside tool, like Google Keyword tracker
- C) Use the Get Suggestions button in the Keywords tool
- D) Type a keyword into a search engine and see which alternatives to that keyword ar shown in the results
24) All of the following are reasons that blogging can help increase the number of new visitors to your site EXCEPT:
- A) More conversation within comments on the post
- B) More social media shares of the post
- C) More inbound links to the post
- D) More indexable pages associated with your website
25) In order to attract the buyer persona Business Beth, which of the following is an Awarenes stage blog topic that Fifth Season should write about?
- A) Fifth Season’s latest team-building trip
- B) Pro tips when evaluating team-building vendors
- C) Reasons why team-building retreats can help the bottom line
- D) The various team-building trips that Fifth Season offers
26) You’d like to show a short excerpt from your post on your blog’s main listing summary page to entice people to click through and read more. Is it possible to customize that short excerpt in your HubSpot Blog tool?
- A) Yes – you can place the Read More Separator anywhere within your post as you write it
- B) No – HubSpot will automatically place the Read More Separator after 6 lines of text
27) Which of the following would be the MOST appropriate call-to-action to place at the bottom of this blog post?
- A) “Request a Free Quote on Your Next Trip”
- B) “Download the Ultimate Guide to Family Vacations”
- C) “Sign up for a Consultation with Fifth Season”
- D) “Download Fifth Season’s Trip Pricing Guide”
28) Fifth Season published this blog post two days ago, but it hasn’t gotten any visits yet. All of the following are tactics to promote it EXCEPT:
- A) Share this post on social media
- B) Email this blog post to all leads in the contacts database
- C) Promote this and other recent posts on the blog’s sidebar
- D) Link internally to this post from other related posts on the blog
29) Where should an image be placed in order to capture a visitor’s attention and entice them to read this blog post?
- A) On the blog’s sidebar
- B) At the start of the post
- C) Just below the fold
- D) At the end of the post
30) After looking over this blog post, Ron, tells you to take another look at the title you’ve chosen. Which of the following titles would be BEST suited to attract Adventurous Amy to the Fifth Season blog?
- A) Top Adventure Vacation Trips in the US
- B) Fifth Season’s Adventure Vacation Trips for Families
- C) 10 Reasons To Take An Adventure Vacation with Your Family
- D) 10 Reasons to Take an Adventure Vacation
31) All of the following are required components of an optimized social media profile EXCEPT:
- A) Your company logo
- B) A clear, concise description
- C) A link to your company website
- D) The year your company was established
32) True or False: When publishing social media posts with HubSpot, any included links are automatically shortened
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
33) You are creating a social media style guide to share with the new hires on the team. This style guide will be used across all channels. To ensure consistency in your brand’s content, all of the following criteria should be included in the style guide EXCEPT:
- A) Message voice and tone
- B) Guidelines for including links
- C) Guidelines for hashtag use
- D) Publishing times for messages across channels
34) Which buyer persona is this social message most relevant to? “3 Easy Ways to Bond With Your Family” hint: list does not include TV, Mobile Devices, or Board Games
- A) Business Beth because she and her sales team could benefit from a team-building experience
- B) Adventurous Amy because her children are addicted to their phones
- C) Business Beth because she’s looking to find a work-life balance
- D) Adventurous Amy because she values exploration and family bonding
35) If you were going to update this tweet so that it is fully optimized, what would you change?
- A) Remove [BLOG POST]
- B) Tag a campaign
- C) Reduce character length
- D) Add a link
36) Which of the followin is an example of a SMART social media goal?
- A) Gain more customers from LinkedIn
- B) Grow contacts from social media from 150 to 200 by next month
- C) Change visits from Twitter by 10% next quarter
- D) Increase visits from Facebook by 10% from 1,000 to 1,100 by May 31 of next year
37) Fifth Season just announced a new service. They would like to know how customers feel about it. What is the best way that they can use HubSpot’s Social Monitoring tool to obtain feedback about the service?
- A) Create a monitoring stream that monitors anyone from Twitter who mentions the service
- B) Create a monitoring stream that monitors a HubSpot list of customers who mentions the service
- C) Create a monitoring stream that monitors a HubSpot list of prospects who mentions the service
- D) Create a Twitter list of customers to monitor
38) All of the following are ways you can segment your social media audience in HubSpot EXCEPT:
- A) All of Twitter
- B) LinkedIn Groups
- C) Twitter Lists
- D) HubSpot Lists
39) You notice a tweet that reads, “Very displeased with @FifthSeason’s Family Hiking Package. I will NEVER book travel through them again.” What should your response be?
- A) Hi @Amy4Adventure Sorry to hear that. Is there anything we can do to remedy your experience? If so please gives us a call
- B) Hi @Amy4Adventure We did our best to make you happy and we’re sorry that it didn’t work out
- C) Hi @Amy4Adventure We’re sorry to hear that you had a bad experience!
- D) Hi @Amy4Adventure Thank you for your feedback and we’re sad to lose you as a customer
40) True or False: The HubSpot Social Monitoring tool can be used to monitor LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
41) True or False: A call-to-action can only link to a HubSpot-hosted page
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
42) You ask your coworker April to review the latest call-to-action you’ve created. April says that you must add an image in order for the call-to-action to be fully optimized. How would you respond to April?
- A) “I don’t need an image. Search engines can’t read alt text on a call to action with an image.”
- B) “I don’t need an image because it’s not required in order for the call-to-action to be considered fully optimized.”
- C) “I’ll add an image next to the call-to-action once we place it in the email newsletter.”
- D) “You’re right April. The only way that a call-to-action is fully optimized is when it contains an image.”
43) Your boss Ron asks you to determine the click-rate of a call-to-action that is located on your blog sidebar. However, it is located on several other pages. What should you do?
- A) Ron can view the click-rate directly from the blog dashboard
- B) Tell Ron that the click-rate for individual pages can be viewed only after exporting the call-to-action data
- C) Ron can view the click-rate directly from the call-to-action dashboard
- D) Explain that the call-to-action tool tracks overall click-rates, and you’ll have to create a separate call-to-action with its own code for the blog sidebar
44) You’re trying to add an additional call-to-action to this page. All of the following offers are the next logical step EXCEPT:
- A) A travel consultation
- B) A corporate travel package whitepaper
- C) A family vacation packages ebook
- D) A travel safety tips guide
45) This call-to-action isn’t performing as well as it should. What is the first thing to assess about the call-to-action?
- A) Whether or not the call-to-action has an action verb
- B) The placement of the call-to-action on the page
- C) How the design does or does not grab attention
- D) The offer and its relevance to the page content
46) You’ve finished creating an ebook on adventure travel tips. Instead of having your call-to-action be “Click Here”, as shown in the example, which of the following would be the best text for call-to-action?
- A) “10 Adventure Travel Tips”
- B) “Download the Free 10 Adventure Travel Tips Ebook”
- C) “Get Started with an Ebook”
- D) “Click Here! Free Ebook!”
47) Your co-worker Leslie is worried that her landing page isn’t converting enough new leads. Which of the following is the most important metric to look at on your Landing Page dashboard to determine if this is true?
- A) Views
- B) New customer rate
- C) Submission rate
- D) New contacts rate
48) In order to ensure that the main navigation is not included on your landing page, you must:
- A) Go into Content Settings and turn off navigation for all Landing Pages
- B) Go into the CSS for that page and remove the navigation
- C) Pick a template to use that does not include your navigation
- D) Delete the navigation within the page editor
49) What is the main purpose of a landing page?
- A) To capture a visitor’s information via a form
- B) To promote an offer on a website page, blog post or email
- C) To help nurture leads in order to turn them into customers
- D) To deliver an offer that a business is promoting
50) Your boss Ron has asked your co-worker April to create a new form for each landing page that you create. Is this a necessary task for April?
- A) Yes – the Landing Pages tool requires you to add a new form to each page you create
- B) No – you can use the same form on multiple landing pages
- C) Yes – having a new form on each page makes it much easier to track the conversion rate
- D) No – HubSpot caps the number of forms you can create, so don’t waste space creating unnecessary ones
51) According to best practices, which of the following headlines should be used on this landing page?
- A) “Have you Been Bamboozled by a Travel Agency?”
- B) “Learn How to Avoid Being Bamboozled by a Travel Agency?”
- C) “Free Guide: Avoid Being Bamboozled by a Travel Agency”
- D) “Download the Free Guide: Avoid Being Bamboozled by a Travel Agency”
52) To make this a fully optimized landing page, which of the following elements should be included on this landing page?
- A) An image
- B) Social sharing buttons
- C) Social following buttons
- D) A & B
- E) B & C
- F) All of the above
53) All of the following tactics would help visitors more easily read the copy on this landing page EXCEPT:
- A) Shortening the copy on this page
- B) Bolding key sentences
- C) Removing the subheaders
- D) Adding in bullet points
54) True or False: According to best practices, this landing page should include the “botched outdoor adventures” link within the copy
- A) True – providing links gives visitors a change to learn more before getting the offer
- B) False – Remove all links so that visitors aren’t distracted and focus on filling out the form
55) Which of the following concepts best describes how long website forms should be?
- A) Form length varies depending on where a contact is in the Buyer’s Journey and gets shorter as the contact continues through the Buyer’s Journey
- B) Form length is primarily decided by the information you need to collect as a marketer
- C) Form length should take into account the contact’s perceived value of the offer behind the form
- D) Only as many questions as are necessary to determine a visitor’s buyer persona
56) Fill in the Blank: A smart field____.
- A) only appears if the person viewing the form is a customer
- B) is always required for a visitor to complete before submitting the form
- C) is a form field that is hidden if a user already has a value for the field
- D) is set on the back end and is invisible to the person viewing the form
57) True or False: You’re going to be working the Fifth Season booth at an outdoor adventure and travel expo. Your co-worker Jerry is going to set up a laptop so that you can capture new leads on it. Jerry needs to turn off cookie tracking on the form in order for this to work properly.
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
58) Your boss, Ron, says that the sales team needs to have a phone number field on every form so they can close more sales. Ron asks you what the best approach would be. How would you respond?
- A) “We can place a phone number field onto every form, but only if it is a smart field.”
- B) “Placing a phone number onto every form does ensure the highest number of sales.”
- C) “We’d have better success with asking questions that are aligned with the Buyer’s Journey. The sales team shouldn’t call a lead that has only requested for one ebook offer.”
- D) “Our conversion rates would be higher without a phone number field. We should only ask for phone numbers when a lead has a score over 100.”
59) Which form field should you add in order to segment your two buyer personas, Business Beth and Adventurous Amy?
- A) Which best describes your role at work?
- B) How would you describe yourself?
- C) Where do you vacation?
- D) What is the size of your company?
60) Why would use a dropdown select field instead of a multi-line text field when asking for travel budget?
- A) It ensures that visitors fill out the form
- B) It helps to keep your database organized and list segmentation easier
- C) It prevents users from falsifying their responses
- D) It prevents plagiarism and fraud
61) Fill in the Blank: The last form field is missing ____.
- A) a label
- B) a default state
- C) help text
- D) a name
62) Your co-worker Tom created a landing page for your company’s latest content offer, “A Guide to the Thirty Best Public Parks in the World”. Tom asked you if he can use an inline thank you message rather than a thank you page to save time. How would you respond to Tom?
- A) That’s a good idea – an inline thank you message is just as effective as a thank you page
- B) That’s a good idea – while an inline thank you message doesn’t work for Decision stage offers, it’s just as effective as a thank you page for Awareness stage offers
- C) That’s a bad idea – since it’s a downloadable offer, the only way to deliver the guide is with a thank you page
- D) That’s a bad idea – we won’t be able to re-engage our new lead and move them further into the Buyer’s Journey
63) Social sharing buttons on a thank you page should provide a link to the landing page so you can generate new leads
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
64) What’s the best way to organize your thank you pages in HubSpot?
- A) Use a naming convention like “Thank You” or “TY” on all of your pages
- B) Use folders
- C) Use the Thank You Page template for all pages
- D) Select the Thank You Page dropdown in the Options section of the page editor
65) Should this thank you page include a main navigation menu?
- A) Yes – a thank you page should contain a navigation menu for leads to browse your site
- B) No – a thank you page should be free from distractions, including a navigation menu
66) All of the following are good additional resources to add to this thank you page EXCEPT:
- A) A blog post about the reasons to consider taking a family vacation
- B) A link to Fifth Season’s customer testimonials page
- C) A blog post about the top 5 questions to ask when planning a trip
- D) A link to Fifth Season’s profile on TripAdvisor
67) Which of these is NOT an outcome of implementing closed-loop marketing?
- A) Insight into why customers stopped paying for a product or services
- B) Insight into which leads are most likely to become customers
- C) More insight into which marketing campaigns were successful
- D) Increased ability for sales to prioritize leads
68) Ron is surprised to find two contact records for the same lead in HubSpot. What should Ron do to fix this issue?
- A) Delete the newer of the two contact records
- B) Export the information, combine the information and import it as a net new contact
- C) Go to the individual contact record and select the option to “Merge” the two contact records
- D) Email the contact and ask them which is the more accurate profile
69) Your colleague Leslie asks you if HubSpot can gather and store specific, customized information about your company’s leads. Specificially, she is interested in tracking information like “Has requested a free consultation” and “Is interested in family travel.” Which of the following is the BEST response to Leslie’s question?
- A) Yes – HubSpot allows you to build custom contact properties to track such information
- B) No – You would have to use a CRM like Salesforce to track customer information
- C) Yes – However, you would have to get a developer to engineer a solution
- D) Yes – Custom contact information can be tracked in an already-existing catch-all field on each contact record called “Notes”
70) All of the following methods can be used to add a contact to HubSpot’s Contact database EXCEPT:
- A) Putting a HubSpot form on a non-HubSpot hosted page
- B) Importing a spreadsheet
- C) The HubSpot WebBrowser extension
- D) Adding them manually
71) A contact has emailed you and requested that they be opted-out of email communication. Where in HubSpot would oyu go to opt-out an individual contact?
- A) You cannot manually unsubscribe one person from HubSpot. The contact will have to go into his most recent email and press “Unsubscribe”
- B) On the contact’s individual contact record
- C) Inside the Email tool
- D) In Contacts Settings
72) While importing a list of contacts, Leslie accidentally imports a contact with an email address already tied to one of your existing contacts. As a result, she’s accidentally overwritten the contact’s phone number with new information. How can Leslie recover the contact’s original phone number?
- A) You can only recover historical information if you are integrated with a CRM
- B) Leslie can access the historical version of a contact profile and roll back the whole record to a previous date
- C) HubSpot doesn’t store historical values for contact properties, so there isn’t much that can be done for Leslie
- D) On an individual contact record, clicking on the “i” next to a contat property will show all historical values for that field
73) Once you create a list, you can do all of the following in HubSpot EXCEPT:
- A) Send the list an email
- B) Send a tweet to the contacts in that list
- C) Monitor the list on social media
- D) Export all the information associated with the contacts in that list
74) Ron wants to build a list of anyone who has purchased a product from Fifth Season in the last year who also works in the travel industry. Which type of logic should he use to build his list?
- A) “And” logic
- B) “if-this-then-than” logic
- C) “Branching” logic
- D) “Or” logic
75) Fill in the Blank: Lists are powerful because they enable you to add ____ to your content
- A) intention
- B) structure
- C) subtext
- D) context
76) Leslie is hosting a webinar and wants to ensure that the logic Tom used to create the attendance list is correct. When Leslie goes to check the list logic, she finds that it doesn’t exist. How come?
- A) You can only access the logic for static lists and Tom built the list as a smart list
- B) You can only access the logic for smart lists and Tom built the list as a static list
- C) Leslie’s account does not have permission to view list logic
- D) You cannot access the logic of a list once it has been created
77) Fill in the Blank: Form submission information and survey responses are both responses are both examples of ____ data.
- A) explicit
- B) implicit
78) True or False: Every contact property that exists in HubSpot is available to use for list segmentation
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
79) Which of these metrics is a clear indicator of the effectiveness of your subject line?
- A) Open Rate
- B) Delivery Rate
- C) Click Rate
- D) Bounce Rate
80) All of the following are places you can use a personalization token in an email EXCEPT:
- A) Email copy
- B) Preview text
- C) From email address
- D) Subject line
81) After sending an email and looking at the analytics, you are disappointed at the results this email received. All of these would be appropriate ways to increase email engagement EXCEPT:
- A) Add the receipient’s first name to the subject line
- B) Use personalization tokens in the email
- C) Write a specific email for each person you plan to send the email
- D) Send the email to a more targeted list
82) You’re doing an analysis of your contact database and you realize it has decayed by 25% this year. To determine why, all of the following are metrics you should look at EXCEPT:
- A) Click-through rate
- B) Spam reports
- C) Unsubscribes
- D) Invalid addresses
83) You’re looking to add social media buttons to this email to help generate new leads from this offer. What should you do?
- A) Add a social sharing module that links to the landing page of your content offer
- B) Add a social sharing module that links directly to your content offer
- C) Add a social following module to send people to your social accounts
- D) Add a link in the email signature to connect with your personal social media account
84) All of the following are effective ways to optimize this email signature EXCEPT:
- A) Providing an additional way to connect (like Twitter or a phone number)
- B) Listing out all of the different services your provide
- C) Changing the signature to come from an individual, not the company
- D) Adding a P.S. that contains an enticing link
85) You want to add one more link in this email to drive readers to the ebook’s landing page. Where should you put it?
- A) Place the link above the “Hi there” introduction
- B) Link your name to the landing page
- C) Link the image of the ebook to the landing page
- D) Change the P.S. to also promote the ebook
86) Recently, you’ve noticed that organic traffic is down and the visitor-to-contact conversion rate has gone up. Why could this be?
- A) Traffic from referrals has increased, and typically, 80% of referral traffic becomes customers
- B) There was an increase in the number of blog posts published
- C) You’re looking at an incorrect report. The traffic-from-contacts report will show that traffic is up
- D) Although website traffic may be down, your company may be attracting more qualified visitors who are converting
87) True or False: You just attended a trade show and have a list of email addresses that you’ve imported into HubSpot. These new contacts are considered to be from an offline source, and therefore, cannot be tracked in Sources
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
88) The Sources tool is used to do which of the following?
- A) Identify the conversion data for Marketing Qualified Leads
- B) Identify key channels that are generating traffic and evaluate conversion metrics for these channels to assess how well you produce visitors, contacts, and customers
- C) Identify the best way to nurture visitors, contacts, and customers
- D) Identify the last touch sources for your visits, contacts, and customers
89) True or False: Only HubSpot users can be emailed a Sources report
- A) True – But only if the person has used the Sources tool before
- B) False – The Sources report can be emailed to anyone
90) The Sources tool provides conversion metrics for all of the following EXCEPT:
- A) Sales Qualified Lead-to-customer conversion rate
- B) Contact-to-customer conversion rate
- C) Visit-to-customer conversion rate
- D) Visits-to-contact conversion rate
91) Your boss asks you to come up with projections for overall traffic to your site for the next 90 days. What best practice should you use first to create these projections?
- A) Calculate key results
- B) Check progress
- C) Identify key metrics
- D) Establish benchmarks
92) Which segment of your contact database should you send this email to?
- A) All Business Beth and Adventurous Amy leads that you’ve emailed before
- B) Adventurous Amy leads who work full-time and are Director-level or above
- C) Business Beth leads who have already converted on an Awareness stage offer
- D) Business Beth leads who have already done an adventure travel vacation
93) Fill in the Blank: ___ is the process of building relationships with prospects with the goal of earning their business when they are ready.
- A) Lead nurturing
- B) Lead qualification
- C) The Buyer’s Journey
- D) Lead building
94) True or False: Lifecycle lists, suppresion lists, and lists that track offer engagement are all examples of effective static lists
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
95) Leslie wants to build a list of every contact in her company’s portal. Which of the following would be the accurate way to do this in HubSpot?
- A) Select “Export All Contacts” from the Lists dashboard
- B) Select “Export All Contacts” from the Contacts Home dashboard
- C) Use the property “First Name” and select “(simply has this property)”
- D) Use the property “Email” and select “(simply has this property)”
96) A sales rep wants to see which pieces of content a lead has viewed. What should they do to find that information?
- A) Change the information visible on Contacts home
- B) Look it up in the Contacts properties settings
- C) Filter by views on the Blog dashboard
- D) View the Contact’s timeline
97) Why might two contact records exist in HubSpot for the same person?
- A) A contact was imported as a lead, then later filled out a form
- B) A contact was imported as a lad, and later became a customer
- C) A contact hit the submit button twice in a row when filling out a form
- D) Two different email addresses have been used for a contact, creating two contact records
98) Fill in the Blank: The Lifecycle Stage field is primarily used to track ____.
- A) how long a contact has been in your database
- B) how long a customer has been using your product or service
- C) the average days it takes for your company to close a customer
- D) where your contacts are in your sales cycle
99) What should NOT be included on a landing page?
- A) Image
- B) Bullet points
- C) Call-to-action
- D) Value proposition
100) True or False: April, your colleague, wants to update the embedded call-to-action on Fifth Season’s homepage, which isn’t hosted on HubSpot. After improving the call-to-action, April needs to update the embed code so the changes are reflected on the website.
- A) True – Every time you update a call-to-action you must update the embed code
- B) False – The call-to-action content updates automatically
101) Tom is a social media manager at Fifth Season and interested in using HubSpot’s Social Monitoring tool to monitor mentions of Fifth Season’s competitors on social media. What stream should Tom create?
- A) A stream that monitors all of Twitter for the hashtag “competitors”
- B) A stream that monitors a competitor’s Facebook group
- C) A stream that monitors the twitter handles of Fifth Season’s competitors
- D) A stream that monitors all of Twiter for the keyword “travel”
102) The Social Media Reports tool provides data for all of the following EXCEPT:
- A) Visits
- B) Social Ad Spend
- C) Reach
- D) Interactions
103) Leslie wants to run an experiment in order to determine the best times to publish across social channels. Which HubSpot Social Publishing feature is best for her to use in this experiment?
- A) HubSpot Experiments Module
- B) HubSpot Publishing Schedule
- C) HubSpot Content Calendar
- D) HubSpot Release Calendar
104) Fill in the Blank: To make sure this blog post is fully optimized, you must include ____.
- A) relevant links within the content of the post
- B) “Fifth Season” in the blog post title
- C) mentions of Fifth Season’s family vacation packages within the content of the post
- D) a call-to-action in the blog sidebar
105) True or false: The keyword phrase “take an adventure vacation” must appear in exactly that word order within the body of the blog post, so that search engines can match your post with the right search query.
- A) TRUE
- B) FALSE
106) Your boss asks you to interview Andy, an SEO consultant. Andy explains that search engines always favor website pages that include your target keyword in each page’s body at least 3 times. Is he right?
- A) Yes, as long as you don’t do this on landing pages
- B) Yes, but no single keyword should be used more than 6-7 times per website page
- C) No, the keyword and its variants should be used naturally in the text
- D) Sometimes, though this is mainly true for blog posts
107) True or False: Your boss, Ron, asks you to optimize one of your HubSpot pages around a new keyword that he’d like to rank for. Before editing the URL of the page in HubSpot, you must set up a separate 301 redirect first
- A) True – you must first set up a redirect in HubSpot Settings
- B) False – HubSpot automatically sets up a redirect for you as you edit
108) You’re trying to optimize a page around one primary keyword. You should include this keyword in all of the following places on the page EXCEPT:
- A) Header and footer
- B) URL
- C) Page title
- D) Image alt tags
109) You can schedule all of the following in the Calendar tool EXCEPT:
- A) Campaigns
- B) Blog Posts
- C) Landing Pages
- D) Social Posts
110) Which factor should determine who your primary buyer persona is?
- A) Business goals
- B) Company Size
- C) Revenue
- D) Brand awareness
111) All of the following are smart lists that are created when a new persona is built in HubSpot EXCEPT:
- A) [Persona Name] Persona – Customers
- B) [Persona Name] Persona – SQLs
- C) [Persona Name] Persona – Leads
- D) [Persona Name] Persona – MQLs
112) What three SMART goals should you always have in place and be committed to when doing inbound?
- A) Visits, Leads, and Customers goals
- B) Visits, Prospects, and Customers goals
- C) Leads, Customers, and Promoters goals
- D) Customers, Promoters, and Evangelists goals
113) Over the last 6 months, you have noticed a decrease in existing referral traffic. Which of the following reasons is LEAST likely to cause the decrease in referral traffic?
- A) Decrease in blogging
- B) Decrease in referral links
- C) Referrer penalized by Google
- D) Broken links to pages
114) All of these are examples of using context in your email sending strategy EXCEPT:
B) Smart content
C) List segmentation
D) Personalization tokens
115) Which of the following pieces of information used in researching a buyer persona can be obtained by looking at a contact’s timeline with in your HubSpot portal?
B) Whether or not your persona reads your blog
C) Whether or not your persona frequently engages with your email messages
D) All of the above
116) Your boss Ron just heard of a new social network, with typical engagement rates of above 30%. He wants you to set-up an account with the goal of getting 30% engagement rates. What is missing from this goal to be considered a SMART goal?
B) All of the above
C) It’s unclear if it’s attainable
D) It’s unclear if it’s relevant
117) Your co-worker Leslie did a recent audit of your company website and realized you need more Consideration stage content. Which of the following titles best fits the Consideration stage of the Buyer’s Journey?
B) “The Ultimate Guide to Bonding While on Vacation”
C) “The Ultimate Guide to Fifth Season’s Adventure Travel”
118) Fill in the Blank: To make sure that this blog post is fully optimized, you must include ____.
B) relevant links within the content of the post
C) mentions of Fifth Season’s family vacation packages within the content of the post
D) a call-to-action in the blog sidebar
119) Why is it important to set SMART goals?
B) SMART goals help you focus on what needs to be accomplished
C) SMART goals hold you accountable to the work that needs to be done
D) All of the above
120) How often should you be checking the Sources tool to see the status of your inbound efforts to generate more visits, contacts, and customers?
121) You would like to increase the reach of this email. All of the following are strategies that would be an appropriate way to increase the reach EXCEPT:
B) Send an additional email to encourage readers to share the first email if they found it helpful or relevant
C) Creating a web-based version of the email so you can post it on your website
D) Adding a call-to-action to encourage readers to share the email with a colleague
122) True or False: After importaing a list of contacts into HubSpot from another email system like MailChimp or ConstantContact, you are allowed to email these contacts even if they previously opted out
B) True – Since HubSpot is a new system, you have a “clean slate” to email these contacts
C) True – Though only for U.S.-based contacts. Several international laws forbid this practice
D) False – The HubSpot system will not let you import unsubscribed contacts, so you cannot email them
123) Your boss Ron wants to know why a contact was marked ineligible to receive an email. All of these are reasons the contact could have been marked as ineligible EXCEPT:
B) They previously unsubscribed from email communication
C) They hard-bounced on the last email you sent them
D) They marked one of your emails as spam
124) Fill in the Blank: ____ and ____ are the two most popular recommended principles to guide the way you segment your contact database.
B) Subscriber Preference, Behavior
C) Industry, Buyer Personas
D) The Buyer’s Journey, Buyer Personas
125) Which of the following calls-to-action would BEST move the lead further through the Buyer’s Journey on this thank you page?
B) An ebook about fun outdoor activities to do with your family
C) A case study about the benefits of corporate retreats
D) An ebook about exotic travel destinations
126) Your co-worker April just made a new Fifth Season promotional video and is now trying to increase the number of views its getting. Should you feature this video on the landing page that you’re building out for your new ebook
B) Yes – it’s a good way to build trust in your company, which will encourage people to download the ebook
C) No – videos are too large and slow down the loading time of your landing page
D) No – the visuals on your landing page need to relate directly to the ebook
127) When including a form on a landing page in HubSpot, all of the following are follow-up options upon submitting the form EXCEPT:
B) Sending form notifications to a particular email address
C) Adding the new contact to a particular list
D) Redirecting to a thank you page
128) Your boss Ron would like to evaluate Fifth Season’s current calls-to-action, but he isn’t sure how. Which of the following is the best metric to determine the success of your calls-to-action?
B) Conversion rate
C) Clicks-to-submissions rate
D) Views-to-clicks rate
129) Your coworker Leslie has asked for your help with the call-to-action that she’s going to place on a blog post called “The 4 Best Outdoor Team-Building Activities”. All of the following should be considered when creating that call-to-action EXCEPT:
B) Your company’s branding
C) How many visits you expect to receive to the blog post
D) Where the call-to-action will be placed in the blog post
130) Which of the following phrases should Fifth Season monitor on Twitter to find their buyer persona Adventurous Amy?
B) “Affordable Places to Travel”
C) “Places to travel”
D) “Best places to vacation”
131) Your company should never share content on social media that it did not create
B) False – You should only share content created by other sources
C) True – Sharing content created by other sources violates copyrights laws
D) False – You should share content that your personas find valuable, even if it’s not your own
132) The HubSpot Social Publishing tool allows you to bulk upload to which of the following social networks?
133) Fill in the Blank: When you look at your Long-Tail Opportunities in the HubSpot Keywords tool, it shows you ____.
B) short keywords that are too difficult to rank for, but could be turned into long-tail keywords
C) long-tail keywords that could be used as a conversion opportunity
D) long-tail keywords that are currently unused on any page on your site
134) The entire Fifth Season sales team has a commitment to responding to all consultation requests within 48 hours during the workweek. What’s the best way to describe that on the thank you page?
B) Thanks for signing up!
C) Thanks – you’ll get an email shortly
D) Thanks – you’ll hear from us by the end of the week!
135) Ron has asked the employees to start using HubSpot. Tom “stars” his favorite contact properties, and they now appear on the contact’s overview page he sees when he navigates to an individual contact record. Will April and Leslie see the same “starred” properties when they view a contact’s profile?
B) No – The properties Tom selects will only serve as the default for his account, not others
C) Yes – Change to “starred” properties will affect all HubSpot users in the portal
D) No – Those changes would only apply to users with Tom’s role or lower. Administrator’s “starred” properties will remain unchanged
136) Can you add an individual contact to a smart list?
B) Yes – Import the desired contact into the list
C) Yes – Go to individual contact record and add the contact to the desired list
D) Yes – This would change the logic of the list and would remove other contacts from the list
137) All of the following are examples of possible Sources reports EXCEPT:
B) Number of monthly shares on social media
C) Weekly customers by referrals this year to date
D) Daily visits by direct traffic this week
138) Fill in the Blank: The HubSpot Difficulty Score estimates ____.
B) the difficulty of a keyword based on the number of monthly searches
C) the difficulty of ranking on the first page of results for a particular keyword
D) the difficulty of a keyword based on how many of your competitors are also creating content around it
139) A thank you page should never contain social follow buttons. Instead, it should only have social sharing buttons.
140) What is the best way to organize your thank you pages in HubSpot?
B) Use folders
C) Use the Thank You Page template for all pages
D) Select the Thank You Page dropdown in the Options section of the page editor
141) Which of the following is an example of the type of contacts you should add to your Contacts database?
B) Strategic Partners
D) All of the above
Why is a business blog beneficial for SEO?
- A) It creates more pages on your website for search engines to index.
- B) It helps you to get found for the keywords your target audience is searching for.
- C) It enables you to increase your search rankings.
- D) All of the above.
Which social network listed below is BEST for visual content?
- A) Facebook
- B) Twitter
- C) LinkedIn
- D) Quora
You work for a pet supply store. Which of the following calls-to-action would be best for a blog article called “10 Ways Pet Owners are Dressing Up their Pets.”
- A) “Refer a Friend to our Store”
- B) “Complimentary Guide: 8 Ways to Raise Your New Dog”
- C) “Download a Free Dog Outfit Coupon”
- D) All of the above are strong calls-to-action for the above article
Even though mail marketing is one of the most expensive inbound strategies, it offers one of the best return-on-investments.
- A) True
- B) False